Use an Airturn BT200s foot pedal to control ShowOne
If you have any of the AirTurn BT200s line of foot pedals (2, 4, or 6 buttons), you can use it to wirelessly control ShowOne’s play/pause, forward, and back controls. This is a great way to have hands-off playback and track selection control of ShowOne. It can be a bit tricky to set up at first; follow these instructions to get your AirTurn pedal working.
NOTE: The original style of “page-turner” AirTurn pedals will not work to control ShowOne – you must have one of the BT200s series of pedals.
Airturn with MIDI Support*:
*there’s a lot of helpful details on using Airturn + MIDI + apps in their support area
For updates and details to these instructions, see the Airturn support area linked above.
- Download the free Airturn manager app from the App Store
- Power on and pair the BT-200 unit with your iOS device (“open pairing” is fine)
- Switch the Airturn to Mode 7 (MIDI mode) by holding down the Mode button for 7 flashes of the red light and releasing (it will confirm the correct mode with another 7 flashes of the red and blue lights)
- In the Airturn Manager, verify the default settings are active. You can check under Mode 7 in “Port Configuration” that each switch will send a MIDI message. Both should be set up as Sequence and Momentary. Switch 1 should default to “CH 1 CC Damper Pedal” and Switch 2 to “CH 1 CC Sostenuto On” – these are fine for controlling ShowOne (or you can pick different MIDI commands to have the Airturn send such as a midi note or other CC value).
- Open up ShowOne. Under MIDI settings verify that the BT200S is showing up in “Bluetooth MIDI Devices” and connected.
- Under Midi Transport commands, press the first one “Play/Stop” and hit “Learn” under either “Note” or “Control”. Press the first switch on the Airturn. It should automatically choose “Damper Pedal”, or whatever MIDI message you chose.
- Repeat step 6 for one of the other transport controls (forward or back) and the second switch on the Airturn. If using the default it will learn to the “Sostenuto” command.
- Go back into one of your ShowOne sets to verify that the Airturn is sending commands correctly to ShowOne.